Jambands.ca

greatest promoter ever!

shitidiot

funny thing is, that 4 of my top 5 live rock 'n' roll albums are Bill Graham events.

Bill Graham is by far the greatest rock promoter of all time! he invented the moder rock concert.

opsyroc162p1.jpg

there are others that have been more successful. but look at the music and culture that bill helped create...he did his thing and made sure that everyone was treated fair. bill created a environment for artist to feel free of boundary's witch allowed the music to grow. therefor causing the musician to play like never before. the musicians were having the time of there lives and played the best they ever have. bill also went out of his way to make sure every person in the room was having a good time.

long live bill!

shitidiot, I agree wholeheartedly!

I love Bill Graham, and some of those old Fillmore East (and West as well) live recordings are amazing. I have definitely stumbled upon some relatively unknown musicians as a result of finding Bill Graham's name on a disc and purchasing it for that reason only.

My one comment, however, is about your last line. Did Bill Graham not die like 13 years ago?