Jambands.ca

Dig my tunes/Anyone want to jam in Hamilton or TO?

TheGoodRev

Hi everybody. I'm looking for people to jam with. I live in Hamilton, but would come into Toronto for the right people. I play lots of stuff but want to concentrate on guitar for now. I've been writing tunes, but don't really sing or write lyrics. Could manage some backup singing. Anyway I have a sometimes drummer but I am pretty much open to jamming with anybody. Here's a site where I've got some of my tunes up. Feedback from anyone is welcome and appreciated. The site is pretty self explanatory, but I should mention that I know that the production is no good, and some of the mixes are shite, and some of the leads are shite, but I sort of wanted to lay out the sound I'm looking to get into. Again though, I'm not married to it, and would like to form a collective sound with other people who maybe have some similar but some differing musical interests. I'm heavy into Neil Young, Band, other rootsy stuff, also harder stuff like Mule (you'll hear it in the tunes) and headier stuff like Floyd and Zappa, but open to pretty much anything. The last band I played with was last year in Toronto, and we basically jammed hard funk and blues. Here's the site:

http://therev.spin45.net

...and you can email me at therev@spin45.net

Cheers.

I checked out your site... I like the stuff you have on there.

I live in Hamilton myself (east mountain). I play the bass, and some piano, and have some hand drums. I've been dabbling with it for years now, but never really got into too much. I don't have alot of formal knowledge or experience with bands, but I can usually pick up stuff pretty easily by ear, and I have pretty good dexterity with the bass. I am looking for something to force me to get more into the learning process again.

The bands the I am into are Herbie Hancock, Yes, Stevie Wonder, James Brown, Queen, Fela Kuti, Bela Fleck, etc.

Are you looking to start a band, or just for casual jamming? I'd be up for getting together for a few beers and seeing what kinds of sounds we could come-up with (wow, this paragraph is funny if read the wrong way). Are you going to happen to be at PepperJack's tomorrow for the Tommy show?

I really wanted to get to that show, but I have a prior committment. Send me an e-mail, maybe we'll set something up.

I guess I'm looking for casual jamming...with potential for more? This sounds more and more like video dating the more I type...

"I like candlelight sessions, long walks down the yellow brick road...looking for a bass player who UNDERSTANDS me, man..."

Uh, right :). Send me an e-mail. therev@spin45.net .