Jambands.ca

Don Ross

Im going home Donny

hey, I'm gonna call The Black Sheep Inn tommorrow and if they don't forsee a sellout by 9:30 or can put aside tickets or something....

I'm gonna head over to Quebec after work at 9:pm from downtown.

For me, it's gonna be a non-drinking, sit down and enjoy my ears untill the music stops kinda event. Then I'll be heading back through Ottawa, west to Carp.

If anyone wants a ride that way and/or this way send me a pm before noon Friday(I have to leave for work by then) :):P

Me and a friend are going to this. Hes a big Don Ross fan and I havent heard too much of his stuff but understand he is a great guitar player. Anyways, does anyone know the start time or the price and if tickets will be available at the door. Im gonna call tomorrow afternoon after my exam to find out but if anyone knows any details that would be great.

Thanks,

Jake

wow.

Me, myself and I headed to Quebec after work and saw and heard magic :) I so highly reccomend folks who enjoy guitar catch Mr Ross next time there's a chance....wow and double wow.

....of coarse about 45 minutes away from the venue, on my way home.....Dang it, I forgot to ask Don Ross what that dang song/theme song was he played, that's been gnawing on my knee for ages now...doh.

Jakis- I wished I knew what you looked like. It would have been nice to have someone to chat with during the set break...I saw a number of familiar looking faces, alas I was too shy and puffed out to start asking people who they were yadda,yadda. Hope you and your pal enjoyed the show as much as I did. ::

Howler, I dont know who you are either, we should of met up at the show. And yes me and my friend had a great time. i think he is the most talented guitar player I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. His right hand was just incredible with so many different strumming techiniques. I bought the dvd and we actually watched it last night and its great also. Anyways any time he is near Ottawa I'm definitly gonna catch him again. Glad to hear you had a great time also.

Cheers,

Jakis

don ross is an amazing player but man he needs some new stories. he's been telling the same tales between tunings for years.

For sure. I know what you mean. I'm sure you heard the story about when he was in New Orleans, and a crowd of Afro-American gentlemen, clearly dressed as old-school jazz players, was sitting at the front table. Don was a little intimidated as he wasn't sure if he was cool enough for these guys. Apparently, after his show, one of them came up to him and said, "Man! You's funkay!" ... which is apparently the greatest compliment that he's ever received. Great story, but I've heard it 15 times. ::