Jambands.ca

A Dead show for a Friday afternoon

MarcO

Hadn;t heard this one for a long while and I've been digging the hell out of it this afternoon. Sometimes I love a good AUD recording, and this is one of those. Check out the sweet Bird Song, a joyous bouncy Touch of Grey and the neat-o oddity in Set II (can you spot it?).

I love the Grateful fu©king Dead. ::

Grateful Dead at Boston Garden, September 20, 1991

1: Touch Of Gray, Little Red Rooster, Jack A Roe, Black Throated Wind, Stagger Lee, When I Paint My Masterpiece, Bird Song 2: Help On The Way-> Slipknot!-> Fire On The Mountain, Estimated Prophet-> Truckin'-> Jam-> Drums-> Jam-> All Along The Watchtower-> Morning Dew, E: Turn On Your Love Light

you know what makes me sad? every time i see these "a dead show for...." threads, and i still haven't fu©king figured out how to bit torrent or whatever whatever. i once managed to get a flac show, but it's been so long i forget how i did it. my name is meggo and i'm a goddamn tech-tard.

(and i curse like a sailor, hope i don't offend people. for what it's worth, i do sail, heheh ::)

Is it the Slipknot!>Fire On The Mountain? Doesn't Slipknot! usually go into Franklin's Tower, and isn't Fire On The Mountain usuall preceded by Scarlet Begonias?

Aloha,

Brad

exactly. it was neat just now becasue I pretty much grabbed the show at random and had forgotten about that turn of events until it played through. My mind was all coiled up from the Slipknot, waithing for the sweet, sweet release of Franklin's, when all of a sudden they just SLAM into Fire On The Mountain!

Back at the time, this was BIG news and made many a happy hippy! ::

Gotta love it... 1st night of a 6 night stand at the old Boston Garden! There's a SBD version on archive.org as well. Check out 9/26 later in the run for a cracker evening with this version of the Dead.

fu©k I LOVE THE GRATEFUL DEAD! I ALSO LOVE BEER!!!! AAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::

this AUD recording contains one the biggest no-no's I can think of when it comes to Dead shows - the "Drums" section and part of the "Space" is completely cut out. :: fu©k I hate that. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I say it's better to have the option to skip it or not; I hate that option having been made for me by some dickweed who decided that - hey! since I don't get "Drums/Space", I'll just delete it from this circulating copy! Thanks asswipe! ::

Anyway, back to this Morning Dew..... (sigh).....