Jambands.ca

Kick Starting the scene.

SaggyBalls

having grown up in the Ottawa area, moved to London and peterborough and then now moving back home, I think i may have noticed something noteworthy.

Every town with a strong sense of jam community started things off with weekly nights of music.

toronto had the Comfort Zone and Ottawa had nero. I'm sure there were other nights in other cities, but i can't think of them.

I don't know about toronto, but Ottawa has a vibrant group of people that help the times come off without a hitch and support the bands morally and by going to see them.

Here's a proposal:

If there're a bunch of heady kids in your area why not somehow find a bar with a stage that will let you have one night a week for phriends. we all know that we like to party and drink so there should be no problem for bars to let you have a night.

if you're into booking live music or not, you'd be able to find someone that'd come out and play or organize some sort of fun...play your fave shows if there's no band or have an open jam or have a drum circle or something.

It's definietly one way to solidify a community and give people a good option for a night of fun.

I have a feeling it would really work in K-W, Guelph, and Kingston (tNSG still doin up wednesdays?)

I'm really happy to know the people I do and think that with the right push, people in every town could feel even better about their times in their town.

We're blessed with the people we're fortunate to know.

Let's rally!