Jambands.ca

NINE * MILE Tomorrow night at ELMO

Marky

last night was great. I haven't seen Melissa since the spring and it was fantastic to see the good travelling and living has done for her. She was absolutely glowing. She just got back from mixing the album she worked on WITH nine*mile in california, and now they're on their way out west.

Definitely a good night of fun music and great songs. Check out this show. Great times with great people. get out and shake it for 'em! the ottawa crew was lame again...i'm sure it'd have made the night that much better.

the ottawa crew was lame again...

You can't be serious... We threw it down hard this past weekend, and most of us have day jobs... Weeknight shows just aren't an option, unless it's a big name draw... And Nine Mile just doesn't qualify... Speaking of lame, what time did you leave the afterparty again?

i didn't mean the ottawa skank crew

sorry guys.

i meant the people at the show...

i clarify...the crew that was at the show...the only one i saw that qualifies as a member of the skank crew was magellan...he was there having a good time, but everybody was sitting down, not giving back like the crew from here would.

i apologize for the confusion.

i left early - and glad that i did. the drive home was like a bowl of creamy soup. thick fog. lame i know - but i was glad to get those girls out of merrickville.

the show was alright...not one to travel for too far but good times for me...

again...sorry.

Speaking of lame, what time did you leave the afterparty again?

i dont why that is always such a measurement. who can stay up the longest, who passes out first... who gives a fu©k? people get down, people party, people have fun on THEIR terms, and if their terms arent YOUR terms, it doesnt make anyone better than the other.

and people gotta realize that the skanks arent the center of the universe when it comes to live shows... if it was only skanks who showed up, there's be a lot of "now defunct" bands.

Let me clarify... My comment wasn't me trying to show superiority in terms of who stays up the latest, etc. It was a gut reaction to when (I thought) Beats was calling us lame. He has since clarified, as will I. A lot of people were in Ottawa, some people didn't show up until after he left. I'm sure he would have liked to see/meet some of those kids. Just as he would have liked more of the Ottawa skancs to be at the Nine Mile show. It was a jab at him for missing people, not for having to go home. I personally couldn't care when people leave afterparties. In fact, the less people the better, come 6 or 7am... More beers for the rest of us... As for skancs not being the centre of the universe, I guess that more depends on the band. I know I could have had a much better time at some shows if there were more of "us" there... Also I've been at some pretty bad shows, where I ended up having a super good time based on the skancs I got to see the show with. It's all perspective, but yes, a lot of bands would have gone tits up if it was just us trying to make them a success...