Jambands.ca

what the thunder said

Deeps

Any chance WTTS could make it up to Ottawa? (Two possible venues would be Cafe Dekcuf and Mavericks.)

Aloha,

Brad

Definitely going to be making an Ottawa Appearance. We had a couple kids from O-Town come see the show on Saturday and we are looking to repay them for the support.

What's the skinny on the 2 venues you listed;

capacity, vibe, average cover?

Who knows the jam clubs in Montreal?

Looking for an Ottawa/Montreal 2 night festivus.

Deeps

Any chance WTTS could make it up to Ottawa? (Two possible venues would be Cafe Dekcuf and Mavericks.)

Aloha,

Brad

Definitely going to be making an Ottawa Appearance. We had a couple kids from O-Town come see the show on Saturday and we are looking to repay them for the support.

What's the skinny on the 2 venues you listed;

capacity, vibe, average cover?

Dekcuf (which is upstairs from Mavericks; the two venues are run by the same people) is pretty small; I think the capacity is <70, but if they take the tables out, they can fit more people in. The stage is pretty small, but can easily accommodate a 4-piece. Mavericks is bigger, 150, maybe? (I think they fit 200 in for nero on NYE, but took the tables out to do it.)

The vibe is pretty good in both clubs. In the last couple of months (and for the next few months), Mavericks has definitely been the "jamband" venue in Ottawa. (They host a lot of other types of bands, but when jambands play in Ottawa, that's the most likely venue for them.)

Cover is usually set by the band, and is usually in the $5 - $10 range. (I think GTB was $8 on Saturday; the Contact / Vanderpark show the night before was $6.)

Who knows the jam clubs in Montreal?

Le Swimming is one of the prominent ones; some bands have also played Club One, which is a bit smaller than Le Swimming, and more out of the way. You might also find some other potential venues in the jambase.com listings for Montreal.

Aloha,

Brad

wow is all i can think or say.

i just got in from- yup- the jimmy jazz in guelph after a couple of those cheap pints that Marc0 describes... i should prelude that this is the first time i've encountered this forum/network- amazing what some random clicking can lead to. in my case it's a website that will definately become a bookmarked staple. glad Marc0 had a good time on saturday and took the time to mention it- sweet. i know i had a blast and felt the need to mention it to a bunch of random people.