Jambands.ca

Afrobeat in Ottawa... 2 Chances!!

mrsomethingx2

Count me in. I've seen these guys a bunch of times, and had fun every single time. Musically, the performers are top-notch, their frontman (he does too much to be called "singer"; he's more a master of ceremonies) is a blast to watch, and the music is groovy and rhythmic almost to the point of being trancy. Add in a stellar horn section, and have them do three sets at a great (and rarely visited by Ottawa jamfans) venue like The Rainbow, and it's a slam-funk for me.

(I'm not sure about the Sunday show; I like to reserve Sunday for rest, and The Bayou is a bit tough for me to get to and from, especially on a Sunday.)

Aloha,

Brad

i had a fantastic night last night.

the band was tight as always, i was DD so i didn't drink, and brought some friends in that don't normally get out to shows - but love to go see them.

i have lost my voice today. i can whisper...but i remember the point when my chortle turned into a snicker. it was pretty frustrating this morning.

thanks for a good time folks. it was great to get out and see you guys again.

i think the show review probably had a lot to do with the crowd. not as fun as valentine's day weekend. that was a pumped crowd. last night was way chill for a show that well attended.

you have to admit it took a lot for the asian birthday party to even start rockin.

i thought the band was on but there're many more shows left to where they can take afrobeat.

i think they're throwing some good directions into the mix...a little paul simon touch? anyone hear it?

i'm glad they play ottawa semi regularly. they're fun and nice guys. woulda been good to go out again tonight but to be honest i'm STILL up. it's almost 10:30 on sunday and i got up at noon on saturday. a nice weekend other than this damn missing voice.