Jambands.ca

David Beckham quotes

Davey Boy 2.0

never was a fan, unfortunately, I have a hightened dislike of the Red-devils... oh, that reminds me, I need to stop procrastinating painting the living room, so I can hook up the TV and watch Liverpool trounce (hopefully) Chelsea!!! ;)

Damn straight Baby !!!! :smirk:

Anfield is going to be ROCKING in an hour or so (probably already is, actually)

Gotta slip outta here pretty soon to watch the Glory

Beckham best paid player in world

Canadian Press

5/3/2005

PARIS (AP) - David Beckham is still the best-paid soccer player in the world, according to a study published Tuesday by France Football magazine.

The Real Madrid midfielder does not make the highest yearly salary in world soccer but his commercial endorsements and image rights increase his annual take to 25 million euros ($40.3 million Cdn).

Soccer's richest manager, according to the study, is Chelsea's Jose Mourinho, who has already earned 7.5 million euros ($12.1 million Cdn) in salary and bonuses - and that could increase if the Blues win the Champions League.

Beckham takes home the same yearly wage as Real Madrid teammates Ronaldo and Zinedine Zidane - 6.4 million euros ($10.3 million Cdn).

Ronaldo's total yearly income is estimated at 19.6 million euros ($31.6 million Cdn) placing him second on the list, while French midfielder Zidane pockets is third at 13 million euros ($30 million Cdn).

Of the 20 richest players in the world, Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has the highest wage of 7.6 million euros ($12.3 million Cdn) but limited commercial interests mean his overall income is 9.4 million euros ($15.2 million Cdn) - placing him sixth in the world.

Internazionale striker Christian Vieri, at 12 million euros ($19.4 million Cdn), and Alessandro Del Piero of Juventus, at 9.5 million ($15.3 million Cdn), are fourth and fifth respectively.

Eight of the top 20 play in the English Premier League. The next highest-paid after Lampard is Thierry Henry (Arsenal), followed by John Terry (Chelsea), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United), Roy Keane (Manchester United), Patrick Vieira (Arsenal), Sol Campbell (Arsenal) and Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United).

Soccer players in the less-glamorous French first division earn considerably less.

Paris Saint-Germain's Colombia international Mario Yepes leads the way with three million ($4.8 million Cdn) annually, followed by Marseille goalkeeper Fabien Barthez at 2.6 million euros ($4.2 million Cdn) and Lyon striker Sylvain Wiltord at 2.4 million euros ($3.9 million Cdn).

Long-serving Manchester United coach Sir Alex Ferguson is second to Mourinho among managers at six million euros ($9.9 million Cdn), followed by England coach Sven Goran Eriksson at 5.8 million euros ($8.4 million Cdn). Arsenal's Arsene Wenger gets 4.4 million euros ($7.1 million Cdn).

P.S. Is there anybody more on fire than Lampard right now?

I'm going to be singing Goodnight Irene to you after this one BarrettyBoy. See you soon.

sfgche04.jpg

_40138204_cole300.jpg

Anfield awaits the Blues (is Jaimoe going to complain about that reference?)

When you walk through a storm

Hold your head up high,

And don't be afraid of the dark.

At the end of a storm,

There's a golden sky,

And thesweet silver song of a lark.

Walk on through the wind,

Walk on through the rain,

Though your dreams be tossed and blown...

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,

And you'll never walk alone,

You'll never walk alone.