Jambands.ca

The Slip Effect

ReDD

I love the Slip, love em, can't get enough of that stuff.

My beau bought From the Gecko and Live Is My Jumby offline a couple years ago and I felt a great connection the first time I heard them. We now own most of the albums and countless live recordings.

I finally got to see them last October at Pepper Jacks in Hamilton. Brad is incredible. He plays and sings from the heart. He's not afraid to play and sing so openly, and I really enjoyed seeing that. He's also a damn good song writer.

Marc is such a good bassist, and Andrew is a superb drummer. I can't say enough about any of the boys, there all masters at their instruments.

I recommend you give them a listen if you haven't heard any of there albums. If you've only heard studio then check out some live stuff and vice-versa.

I've just connected with these guys in a deep way...

They're my favorite band. I've got to say they're the best band on the planet at the moment (in my opinion). I've had the pleasure of partying with Brad and Marc on a couple of occasions, and I have to say they are some of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. I can't wait until they come back to Canada (well, a little closer than PEI, anyways). I've only seen them 5 times now, but I have to say I won't miss another chance to catch them. ReDD, have you heard the 2004-11-05 show from Tonic in New York City yet? If not, I highly recommend grabbing it off of Oz...

I actually don't have that show yet. With just having moved my dl has been a bit scarce as of late. I will definitly check it out once I have the ol pc up and running to my standards again. Thanks for the suggestion. I've only seen them play the one time but it was more then enough to hook me line and sinker. I really wish they'd play a few shows in Ontario this year but I have heard there going to be in the studio soon. I think i'd prefer a new album and catch them next year instead.

The concert I went to Brad was milling about the concert goers But i'm a lamo and was too shy to strike up a conversation with him. REGRETS!!!

• 3 weeks later...