Jambands.ca

My Weekend Adventure

secondtube

As i mentioned last week, myself and a couple friends were heading into Lady Evelyn Smoothwater system. The weather was fantastic, and the bugs were swarming! The fishing was a little tougher, but it was the simply the most beautiful place i've ever been!!! Simply breath-taking!

Here's some pics of the adventure.

My boat was loaded with more stuff than i've ever had in it...was a fun test. Crazy how a boat steers with that much weight!

ladyevelynlake0039ow.jpg

Lady Evelyn is accessed by crossing over a hydro dam. A trailering service is provided by the family that lives at the dam.

img52967tp.jpg

Their trailer is available to take boats up to 21'.

img52988fm.jpg

Daves boat about to be brought across the dam, loaded with his camping gear.

img52997ka.jpg

And mine.

img53000ce.jpg

The house at the top.

img53015gv.jpg

Once on the top, we set off to find a camp site. It was a half an hour or so trip up the Montreal river to actual enter into Lady Evelyn lake, but it didn't take us long to find a nice spot. On the search for a site, we came across a mother moose and her young. The mother scampered off into the bush, and i took a few pics before we left. (and didn't return).

img53043ez.jpg

img53030ka.jpg

The poor thing was so young its legs wouldnt even work, it just kept falling over...kinda like our friend George a little later on in the evening. :shock:

We soon found ourselves this beautiful spot, already with two tent spots cleared, and a full fire pit!

ladyevelynlake0165en.jpg

img53182gy.jpg

After getting set up, and settled in, it was time for some fishing. My buddy George, casting from our camp site, caught a pike ON HIS FIRST CAST! We were ready for a trip of a lifetime! But the fish weren't.

:D

Starting working the water by trolling...best way to cover water.

ladyevelynlake0224wh.jpg

ladyevelynlake0195hx.jpg

Evelyn is one of those lakes where ALL the structure looks PERFECT!

Stuff like this is common.

img53094ze.jpg

:shock:

Its basically a damned river, full of sunken forests...just no largies to flip for. :?

Beer was drank and fish were caught. Lots more beer was drank than fish were caught though. The result of a little too much a little too fast, was George testing the 56 degree water, falling all the way in. Cold, wet, and funny as hell!!!

img53111pn.jpg

How cold was the water? Here's an idea of how cold it is at night, and in the last few months...I called it the mini Glacier. Its an ice waterfall that hasn't melted into a waterfall yet!!!

img53149hn.jpg

As for the fish caught...here's a few pics.

img53062do.jpg

img53216th.jpg

ladyevelynlake0133ml.jpg

We slept in most mornings....the bite wasn't hot enough to get up into 3-5 degree mornings. But the bacon and coffee was a sure bonus to wake up to...thanks dave

img53195kg.jpg

Here's a pic of dave's buddy Mike, tending the fire.

ladyevelynlake0125ug.jpg

And i'll close with the best memories of the trip....the beath-taking sunsets taken from our beautiful site.

ladyevelynlake0264lm.jpg

ladyevelynlake0069ue.jpg

ladyevelynlake0099hi.jpg

Thanks Dave. Look forward to doing it again.

(btw, the black flies were without a doubt the worst i've ever experienced!)

Guest Low Roller

Nice stuff! I missed my annual trek to Algonquin Park for May 2-4. I heard that the flies were some of the most bloodthirsty vampires my friends have felt in a long time.