Jambands.ca

Good hippie jams last week in Hamilton

Raven_Space

The last week have seen two great shows full of neat psychedelic jams. First, last Monday night Damo Suzuki of the German psyche band Can played with these Hamilton weirdos The Battleship, ethyl at the Underground. It was a mezmerizing 90 minute jam with a very active Japanese German hippie singing overtop! The show was opened by a Hamilton dude named Edgar Breau who used to lead the Hammer's foremost psychedelic outfit Simply saucer in the early 70s. It was cool stuff.

Tonight, my lady and I went to see Daniel Lanois play at theatre Aquarius with her folks and it was awesome. Sublime Hendrix/Neil inspired guitar workouts with lovely backing vocals. And a bit of lovely pedal steel guitar too. Very nice. Add Little Feat on thursday and it's been quite a cool week or so in tha' Hammer!

i listened to a show the other day...

9/19/2001, definately a different lineup. I was sitting listening to the show, when all of a sudden, i'm like hot damn, this is getting good.

finished listening to the show and checked the txt file, and almost exactly where in the show i felt it was getting hot, the txt file said that is where Derek Trucks came out....

I'm sure its going to be great....hell, any band i've never seen before is an experience....

Archived