Jambands.ca

LUNARFEST!!!

geomouse

Hey does anyone remember these events from a few years back? Well, there's gonna be new one this Aug. 19th (fri) at the Lancaster Hotel and Debauchery...One of my favourite places to play and generally get it all out. The Daniel Davies Band will headline with Jimmy Leg opening at 'round 9:30. I'll do all I can to get a poster link attached to this thread at some point...The artwork is amazing Niffermouse (kudos and credits abounding!!!)...Timouse, can you help me with this? Man this is taking a workout to type...Crabby Joe's public keyboard has very sticky keys...hope its only beer that's spilled in it...;) More to follow but keep the date in mind and spirit y'all...ttfn

poster coming shortly, george, and if folks are looking for something to do in kitchener in august 19th, swing by the Lancaster (574 Lancaster W) for a solid evening of music, proceeds to benefit breast cancer...lots of excellent players, great music, and all for a good cause :)

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome Job Geomouse, Thanks again. LUNERFEST 2005 will be killer this year...because of YOU!!!AND JIMMYLEG!!! AUGUST 19th, FULL MOON!!!!!!! Did you mention to anyone that Greg Dechert of Pink Floyd,Bad Company,Uriah Heep will be playing Keyboard with the Daniel Davies band????? Spread the word Man! It's creeping up on us. Can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...
sounds interesting...what's the cost? Not that I'm downplaying the "benefit" I just am broke...

Lunerfest was a yearly event around KW in the mid-eighties. It was a party based around a group of local musicians who would jam and it grew and it grew. It has been resurrected as a charity event, with this year’s proceeds being donated to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.

We welcome back Daniel Davies, Paul Hoffman, Kevin Gingrich, Brad Freiheit, Sean Gilders and more musicians who played at the original Lunerfests. The musicians are top notch, professional players with years of touring and recording experience and it is a show that you will not want to miss!

The musicians will be playing some original tunes, as well as the music of Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Deep Purple and The Police, and some newer tunes from the likes of Coldplay, Incubus, Collective Soul and more.

Put on your party hats and come on over to the Lancaster Tavern for an evening of fun and entertainment!

Great door prizes and raffles! Friday, August 19, 2005. Doors open at 8 pm

Lancaster Tavern

574 Lancaster Street, West

Kitchener, Ontario

$8.00 advance purchase, $10.00 at the door. Call 746-2700 to order by phone, or purchase online.