Jambands.ca

Roll Call: SJO @ Babylon (Ottawa) 7/28

bradm

After having so much fun last week, I'll be back at Babylon tonight for Soul Jazz Orchestra; I'm hoping to stay for and tape all three sets (which'll make my 9:30am meeting tomorrow kinda tough, but such are the crosses I bear), so the more people that are there digging the music, the better. It's fun, funky, and five (bucks). Anybody else up for getting down?

Aloha,

Brad

Gratuitous bumplification. Last week, the first set started at about 11pm, and was over around midnight, which would be well worth the $5 cover for those who want to see what's up and still get home moderately early.

Aloha,

Brad

Let's see...their original compositions are sick, sick, sick, and their covers? Fela Cuti, Herbie Hancock ("Chameleon"), John Coltrane ("Syeeda's Song Flute"), Dizzie Gillespie ("A Night In Tunisia"), The JBs ("Pass The Peas"), P-Funk ("Flashlight"), and so on.

The crowd was small at first, but got bigger as the night progressed (with Del, Lazlo, meggo, d_rawk, and snelly in attendance), and its enthusiasm was 'way up there. Knowing we can get this every week fills my heart with glee: Ottawa has a viable Thursday night party / replacement for Raggamuffin, I think.

Aloha,

Brad