Jambands.ca

Music in Toronto?

jamnut

the 360 restaurant atop the CN Tower has a "Canadian" menu and the largest wine cellar in the world, it isnt 5* haute cuisine but the ingrediants they use are always top quality and the freshest. The sommelier James is a great guy and he really knows his stuff. I did my apprenticeship there and I long to cook in that building everyday. Give it a try if you have time... I reccomend the Wonder's of Wine menu

I'll pretend I'm Esau and re-quote something I said:

Canoe in particular will probably feature more game and more local items than the others but really you can't go wrong with any of them

It's ok Jaimoe, I think you were just driving the point home?

On a more philosophical point I'm not sure that a Canadian cuisine really exists, and that there are any menus featuring it exclusively or devoid of contemporary elements.

Having said that if the guy's going to be in Niagara on the Lake I'd probably eat a few lunches at the wineries and have a decidedly better chance of savouring something local than I would shelling out $100 at Canoe or any of the ones I mentioned. Better setting too.

Is the 360 actually good again? It gets very mixed reviews from lots of folks.

i havnt worked there in 3 years and havnt paid attention to their reviews either,but since Peter George took over as Chef the food is fantastic. I still talk to people who work there and they say the same things. When cooks like cooking a menu you know the food is always goin to be top notch.