Jambands.ca

Dylan In Talks Over Documentary Sequel

Esau

Bob Dylan is in talks with producers about making a sequel to the acclaimed 'No Direction Home' documentary.

The two-part film directed by Martin Scorsese has been lauded by critics on both sides of the Atlantic after it was broadcast earlier this week - and producers want to continue the story of Dylan's career.

'No Direction Home' follows Dylan up until 1966 but executive producer Susan Levy wants to extend the biopic - even though there is less archive footage available for the period spanning the late 1960s and 1970s.

She says, "We are having preliminary discussions about that. We are researching that right now.

"There's not as much material and it's not as dense as the material we had from the 1960s. There are big gaps in it."

http://www.kget.com/entertainment/music/story.aspx?c

:thumbup:

That is great news Esau!

The minute after watching 'No Direction Home' last week, I thought to myself, it should just keep going. 207 minutes that's not enough!

I'm glad to read that the producer and Bob Dylan feel the same way.

Who cares if there isn't as much footage? Just make the timelength used run longer, have the next one span the rest of his career or something along those lines.

Tim