Jambands.ca

now more feasible for home and live peformance

SaggyBalls

SO! you want to just make a quick demo but don't want to fork out an extra $600 for a sound card?

you want a small simple interface for hooking into a laptop??

well this is $129 plus tax here in Canada and it comes with Ableton Live!

Jam with sounds and phrases in the uniquely interactive and nonlinear Session View

Improvise and record song arrangements

Combine loops, phrases, complete songs and audio recordings of any tempo

Export Audio (render, re-sample and consolidate)

Instantly record new Audio and MIDI clips

Modify tempo, groove and timing of recorded audio at any time

Draw or edit MIDI sequences

Import MIDI files

Build combinations of effects by drag-and-drop

Use Clip Envelopes to modulate pitch, timing, volume and effect parameters of the individual notes in a sample

Gain unprecedented real-time control by assigning clips and all mixer, transport and effects parameters to computer keys

Tap and automate tempo

Crossfade clips (DJ-style)

13 (all) Live Audio effects (Auto-filter, Chorus, Compressor, EQ four, Gate, Ping Pong Delay, Erosion, Filter Delay, Grain Delay, Simple Delay, Vinyl Distortion, Redux, Reverb)

5 (all) Live Midi effects (Chord, Pitch, Random, Scale, Velocity)

Side chain in/out puts

audio interface for live applications and basic home recording

you just need a computer and other key essetials to hook the gear up...of course...

this is if you don't have a sound card on your compute5r meant for audio recording. i know a lot of soundblaster cards have ins and yes you can use many sound cards for audio programs but you really need to be able to transfer an audio signal to a digital stream properly - and with this you would be able to bounce or do live mixes quite well...but what you're talking about, rev, is more involved. this set up would be for somebody looking to work on their own material and get to know the software. I know that it's one direction I would like to go with a home computer. I just want something to write in my apartment with.

that and a new mac mini / imac (comes with garageband) an external hard disk and I'm set. of course reference speakers, a mixer, microphones, cabling, microphone stands, a midi controller keyboard, and an integrated instrument chain are important too but an audio interface is important. I was thinking about getting an Mbox when getting an interface but I think I need to weigh out my options. do i need pro tools to get started? I could probably get this and a controller keyboard wih a midi interface (most likely) or a seperate midi interface for the same price as an Mbox...i hope anyway. That'd be a lot more beneficial, just more cords and more things to hook up and buy.

i also like the things the software does, and considering i want a mac and it comes with all the recording tools necessary, the ableton live seems like a great piece of software to be able to utilize.

so it depends on how i'd want to spend the $400 difference between the mbox and the behringer I/O

mbox is usb 1.0 so the sampling rates are also lesser. firewire is the way to go my friend.