Jambands.ca

new David Gilmour CD March 2006

MarcO

for you Floyd freaks:

DAVID GILMOUR - ON AN ISLAND!

Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour has more than one reason to celebrate on his 60th birthday next year - March 6th 2006 sees the long-awaited release of his new solo album "On An Island".

Released on EMI Records, the album is the first solo release from David since 1984's "About Face". Following the release of "On An Island", David will embark on a European and American tour during the months of March, April and May 2006 - and we should have details of these dates soon.

"On An Island" is produced by David, along with Chris Thomas and Phil Manzanera. Orchestrations are by the renowned composer Zbigniew Preisner and were recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London.

The title track teams Gilmour with David Crosby and Graham Nash - three of the greatest voices in contemporary music. Richard Wright, Robert Wyatt, Jools Holland, and Guy Pratt also feature on the album.

http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/news/0511301.html

March 10 - Dortmund, Konzerthaus

March 11 - Hamburg, Congress Centrum Hamburg

March 15 - Paris, Le Grand Rex

March 16 - Paris, L’Olympia

March 18 - Frankfurt, Alte Oper

March 19 - Amsterdam, The Heineken Music Hall

March 20 - Amsterdam, The Heineken Music Hall

March 24 - Milan, Teatro Arcimboldi

March 25 - Milan, Teatro Arcimboldi

March 26 - Rome, Auditorium Parco Della Musica

April: USA/ Canada: to be announced

May 29 - London, Royal Albert Hall

May 30 - London, Royal Albert Hall

“I’m very much looking forward to this tour and making music with the great musicians in the band. I’ve had a fantastic time making ‘On An Island’ and really want to perform tracks from it, along with my more familiar repertoire. I’m rather hoping that with this tour announcement people will believe me when I say, honestly, this is the only band I plan to tour with!†-DG

I guess he really wants us to know he is not interested in reforming Pink Floyd.

ah well......