Jambands.ca

don't google.. blingo - nevermind.. ignorethis

thatpatguy

I don't know.. I'm sure there is a catch.. but I haven't found one yet..

anyway.. whenever you want to search the intermaweb, instestead of using google (or whatever you use), use Blingo. Everyday they give away free stuff.. and you don't even have to register.

Search at the right time and you're a winner.. just fill in your shipping details when you win.

I dunno.. sounds too good to be true, but whatever.. just passing on the info

*EDIT -- nevermind.. it's only open to US residents.. stupid US residents.. getting free stuff for surfing..

Edited by Guest

There's a special on privacy issues this Sunday morning on CBC I that will be trying not to miss. I'm still waiting for some unsolicited list of websites I poked around in back in, say, 1996, to show up in my lap some day. Makes me think of Handmaid's Tale scenarios.

Subpoena from the Office of Emperor Falwell: your presence is requested at an inquest into charges of heresy and moral turpitude. All of your finances will be hereby frozen until further notice.

I jest, in part; I do remember a similar show on Ideas a couple of years back which made the point that in this day and age of surveillance, the onus is on you to prove innocence where some machine has flagged you as a problem, and you may never find out how or why you've been flagged (especially a problem where identity-theft is concerned).