Jambands.ca

VAN MORRISON on sale now for the ACC 8/8/06

TimmyB

Bahahahaha! That's hilarious.

Expect a 47 minute set with abolutely no acknowledgement that you as fans even exist. The funny thing is at least last time we sat in the lawn seats at the Amp and enjoyed the night air and decent acoustics. I can't imagine tolerating that in a stuffy, tin can sounding venue like the ACC. Have fun!

Edited by Guest

Hey \/\/illy,

I know Van "the Man" Morrison can be a little hit and miss when it comes to him being in a good mood on stage.

That being said it was a bit of an exaggeration to say that his last show in Toronto at the Molson Amphitheatre was only 47 minutes long. As you know I time each and every gig I go to with a stop watch and I don't have my notepad off hand, but I guarantee the show length was over ninety minutes.

Also I have seen Van Morrison command an audience with such passion and delivery that you would think you were at a James Brown concert. I have seen Van Morrison on multiple occasions send my spirit soaring "into the mystic" one could say, and I won't pass up an opportunity to see him do that for me again.

Granted that didn't happen that night at the Molson Amphitheatre, but who's to say it won't happen at the Air Canada Centre this time around?

And finally even a sub par performance by Morrison in my humble opinion is better than nearly any other vocalist that has ever walked this earth.

Tim

I have a bootleg of the last T.O. show (thanks qqc!) and it's definitely longer than forty-seven minutes. And really, it's Van Morrison, a musician I have liked my whole life who's not dead. That kicks ass. There aren't too many of those. Seeing him play the spoons would be exciting to me.

I have a bootleg of the last T.O. show (thanks qqc!) and it's definitely longer than forty-seven minutes. And really, it's Van Morrison, a musician I have liked my whole life who's not dead. That kicks ass. There aren't too many of those. Seeing him play the spoons would be exciting to me.

Well said.

I always say, I would listen to Van Morrison sing the phone book.

What a voice, what a songwriter, Van "The Man."

Tim

Then lay out your $150 and put your money where your mouth is.

Hey \/\/illy,

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like you want to throw down?

You know I'll be at the gig. When do I post something about an on sale and not plan on attending the show that I just posted about?

Tim

Expect a 47 minute set with abolutely no acknowledgement that you as fans even exist. Have fun!

I couldn't count how many times I've been to a jamband related act that didn't acknowledge the crowd.

When did it become necessary that an artist kiss the crowds ass to put on a good performance?

Tim

Edited by Guest

Holy mother, have you guys heard Annie Lennox doing "Train In Vain"?!?!?

I poured concrete into my earholes to stop the bleeding.

I wanna see Tim and Willy slow dance at Levin tonight, stroking each others manes whilst Levin delivers a blistering Stick solo. Man will I ever be drinking when that happens!

Then lay out your $150 and put your money where your mouth is.

Dude, I have a job where the pay isn't so awesome. I can afford my bills and a little bit of frivolous spending. If I have any money left over after driving school this month I'm totally all over Van Morrison. But I really want to drive so that's my first priority.