Jambands.ca

Indonesian quake. Your help needed.

Blane

Hi folks, I'm not usually the fundraising type at all but some of my students from Indonesia have been communicating with me over the past 48 hours and it appears that the situation there is REALLY bad right now. One of my students has had her entire village wiped out by the earthquake, and a few others here (who were supposed to be going home in a few weeks) have had the same experience.

They're desperately trying to raise some quick funds to send to their villages so that they can get them supplies. I'll just quote her message to me:

Dear all,

I am writing to you asking for your kindly help to the victims of the Indonesian quake.

We desperately need foods, water, gas, blanket, and tents. The sooner the better. Otherwise many will be starving to death.

We will give the donation directly to the victims, for example to my village which is really flattened, and some other villages nearby which haven't been touched by rescuer teams.

Please give your donation for life and death!

Call us for making donation or asking for some information.

Thank you

Eka Sulistiyowati

P/S Sorry for using public email.

If you're interested in helping, I really encourage you to, either through usual aid channels (I heard today that the aid agencies are having a hell of a time funds-wise because there have been so many disasters this year), or if you prefer to give directly you can contact me and I'll make sure that the funds go into the hands of the villagers.

If you're not in a position to give cash, then just keep these people in your thoughts. Over 5,000 have died already.

Thanks!

Blane

Edited by Guest