Jambands.ca

Any auto mechanics in the house?

CyberHippie

I got a bullsh!t ticket tonight because my right headlight is out. The cop says if I get it fixed and take the reciept to court the fine will be dropped. The bullsh!t kicker is that I can't just go buy a new bulb replace it and keep the reciept for the part. I have to actually go somewhere and have someone repair it for me, and get a reciept for the actual repair job.

I find this totally ludicrus }:( In theory the repair *should* be cheaper than the fine. But come on, pay extra to do something I can do myself

???

Easy fix....

Go get the part, fix it...then find one of those old reciept books, make up a name of a garage, and use the address of someone you know (use an RR address too), fill it out...and bring it down...Voila!

If they ask...your buddy does freelance autowork on the side in his garage.

Interesting, I wonder if that would be legit enough?

I was thinking of buying the bulb, keeping the receipt and then taking a dated photo showing the headlight in working condition. I feel like I'd have to fight with them over it though...

oh how we hates the man...

CH, get it fixed, and take your reciept to the police station. they may be able to work things out. i got nailed once with a headlight out, but instead of a ticket they gave me a "48 hour Notice of Report" that basically meant get it fixed and come show us within 48 hours and all is forgiven.

obviously the cops aren't that forgiving anymore :(