Jambands.ca

Weird post - Looking for Ottawa roomates

AD

Hey y'all.... This is gonna be odd, since I don't know many of you and it's on a public forum....

I am looking for one or two nice stable Ottawa people to fill rooms in my rented house, since I don't want to leave it but can't afford the rent by myself after my current roomates leave.

It is a very large 2.5* bedroom townhouse in the heart of the Glebe. There is one large bedroom and one small bedroom for rent. The person who gets the small bedroom also gets an office to compensate... Either that or the dining room could be a bedroom, but that's sketchy...

There is a large living room attached to a large dining room by a sliding door, full unfinished basement, possibly with laundry facilities (I have to check to see if the machines are staying when roomates move out), large kitchen, and huge backyard with deck, BBQ, all that. Definitely a nice place.

The rent is $1400 / month, so split 3 ways it's $466 or two ways $700. All utilities are extra but haven't been outrageously expensive in the last year.

The lease would start September 1 and end August 31 2007. Unless the landlord lets it go month to month, I am not sure about that.

No furry pets allowed, and no smoking either. That's what the deck is for :)

If anyone is interested, send me a PT and I'll try to give you the best info I can. Offer closes at the end of June; if I haven't found people by then, it's too late.

I will be away from June 14-20 and won't be able to check messages in that time. But I'll get back to you ASAP if you send me something before or after those dates.

Thanks all,

AD

ps. Looking for financially stable, non-crazy-drug-using, friendly people who appreciate the value of a good nights sleep during the week, but don't mind shenanigans on the weekend.

I'll get back to you on this after considering a few options but wanted to say what you may already know - once you've been through a year's lease you are not required to sign another - that's the law although they often pretend otherwise.

I'll get back to you on this after considering a few options but wanted to say what you may already know - once you've been through a year's lease you are not required to sign another - that's the law although they often pretend otherwise.

true, but it would technically be a new lease since there would be new names on the contract. that's why i'd have to check with the landlord to see how lax he is on that.

AD