Jambands.ca

Pandora: VERY Cool Music Site

\/\/illy

Here's a really neat music site. You sort of 'teach' it the music that you currently like and it 'recommends' other music to you.

Here's what the site says:

Ever since we started the Music Genome Project, our friends would ask:

Can you help me discover more music that I'll like?

Those questions often evolved into great conversations. Each friend told us their favorite artists and songs, explored the music we suggested, gave us feedback, and we in turn made new suggestions. Everybody started joking that we were now their personal DJs.

We created Pandora so that we can have that same kind of conversation with you.

You can find the web site at www.pandora.com.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

I actually thought the same thing when I first saw this- I think Jason Ho posted it way back when and I started listening to it when the 1d1g1t site went down. but I found that the linking of musics was a bit off for my tastes.

I started a few radio stations, one with Iron and wine as the start, one with Kanye West as the start and one with Karl Denson as the start. I was particularly disaapointed with the connections they drew out of the Kanye West like. Absolutely hardly anything that they would play was of interest- very Hip hop thug music- which i snot how I'd characterize KW but what do I know.- and i'd skip a tune and skip and tune and then finally if you skip too many tunes it selects for you then it says you can't skip a tune for a few minutes.

So the forced listening aspect began to bug me. Then in another aspect it is hard linked to amazons site so it does a lot of marketing of music to you to.

In a nutshell liked it to begin with, got excited, tried it for a while- and the excitement deflated, as it just didn't pan out as good as i expected. Maybe you will have better luck.

maybe i'll try it agian. There is my often held back two cents.

I just gave it a shot and thought it was pretty cool! Some hits and some misses for sure. I put in "UB Jesus" by David Byrne and notable inclusions were Animal Collective and Final Fantasy, and And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of The Dead, who I had never actually listened to before now. Its annoying how they cut you off after a certain amount of songs. Once they demanded I make a user name and account and all that, I lost interest. I'll try again later though. Another cool thing about it is, if you click on "Why Is This Song Playing?", they give you a thorough description of that song and why they decided to include it.

Edited by Guest