Jambands.ca

These BEAT JUNKIES are only a STONE's THROW AWAY!!!

whiteymuseum

Cincinnati Records & Promotions Presents

Thursday August 3 -- 2006

9PM -- 19+ (Limited all-ages) @ Casbah, 306 King St W :: 905.521.4441

PEANUT BUTTER WOLF

with special guest J.ROCC

569758278_l.jpg

Peanut Butter Wolf is a DJ and Hip Hop producer from California who has been active since 1986 when he produced a song by Lyrical Prophecy called 'You Can't Swing This'. Shortly after this he began to work with a rapper called Charizma, a very expressive and creative emcee, and both of them were soon signed to Hollywood Basic, a division of Disney. Although they recorded a full album of material, it would not be released for many years - the group was dropped from the label without releasing a record, and shortly thereafter Charizma was tragically killed.

Saddened and without an emcee to work with, Peanut Butter Wolf continued working. He put out a song ('The Chronicles') on the now legendary 'Return of The DJ' compilation and a collection of beats for DJ's ('Peanut Butter Breaks'). In 1996, Peanut Butter Wolf formed the Stones Throw Records and as its first single was Charizma & Peanut Butter Wolf's "My World Premiere."

Peanut Butter Wolf released his own solo album on Stones Throw, "My Vinyl Weighs a Ton", in 1998. Since then has nearly given up producing to focus on DJing and executive producing projects for his label, most notably by Madlib, whose group Lootpack he signed in 1998 after hearing their demo on a college radio station.

As Stones Throw Records raised its visibility in the 2000's with noted hip hop released by Madlib's Quasimoto, Yesterdays New Quintet, Jaylib and Madvillain, it as also expanded to include funk and hip hop re-issues, and experimental jazz and electronic music.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut_Butter_Wolf"

jrocc.jpg

In 1992, Jason Jackson, internationally known as J.Rocc, launched his vision of forming a DJ crew comprised of talented musicians, by introducing to the world Southern California's first turntable band - the Beat Junkies. A prized accomplishment enthusiastically received by worldwide audiences, J.Rocc continues to invent musical styles that display his creative expertise. Highly recognized for his funky showcases and original arrangements, J.Rocc has clearly distinguished his place in music history.

Heavily influenced by jazz legend John Coltrane, world-renowned Hip-Hop producers Dr. Dre and DJ Aladdin, and the departed Hip-Hop radio show on KDAY (1580 AM) featuring the comedic personality of Russ Parr, J.Rocc absorbed their influential contributions to help drive his musical genius.

J.Rocc continues to inspire worldwide audiences through his entertaining performances and showcases of musical creativity. In 1998, J.Rocc delivered his turntable brilliance and shared the stage with Hip-Hop phenomenons Talib Kwali and Mos Def during the U.S. Coca Cola tour, which included sold-out shows throughout the country. This past year, J.Rocc traveled nationwide with Jurassic 5, Dilated Peoples, MC Supernatural, and the Beat Junkie crew on the heavily documented tour entitled "Word of Mouth".

J.Rocc's most recent masterpiece was introduced to the world the latter part of March 2003. "Play This (One)" and "Junkies Pick" released on Stonesthrow Records, are classic compositions written, produced and conceived by J.Rocc. This highly anticipated record is just one of several projects J.Rocc is set to release in 2003. This year, the "Funky President" is poised to take-off.

==================================================

Tickets ($15) go on sale Wednesday July 5th :: available at Sonic Unyon, Dr.Disc, Casbah Lounge, and on-line at http://www.tixit.ca

The title to this thread is intriguing, but I suggest that it's all relative.

I mean, some people could throw me farther than others; just based on strength alone. There are other variables, though, too; like I could resist and make it harder to throw me. I could also help out, by springing forward at the last moment. Then there's wind velocity, barometric pressure...