Jambands.ca

Who likes wine?

jaybone

Any suggestions for a nice bottle? All summer I've been drinking Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand- Nobilo is my bottle of choice but I find all the Sauvignon Blancs from the Marlborough region are pretty decent if you like a crispy white. For red I've been enjoying Goats Do Roam- a cheap South African that is a Cote do Rhone knock-off. It's perfect for Barbq season.

I think you can't go wrong with most shiraz wines. (I'm a sucker for that grape)

my personal favs are the typical Australian picks in this area but if you don't know them already- they are worth trying.

These wines are often over priced in restaurants.

The Rosemon Estate Shiraz- is my #1-

anything else in their Diamond Label series is good. (I haven't tried too much beyond a few of them)

bottle_dia_shiraz_img.jpg

Then I also Love Wolf Blass Shiraz but that label is also good in many other formats.

226511BT.jpg

Then there is this other one I like-

Also a Shiraz. McWilliams Hanwood Estates.

3697.jpg

I have always loved shiraz but lately my tastes have strayed from the heavy shiraz and cabs (which are the wines that first hooked me) and I've tended to go for a little bit lighter wines that pair up with food other then grilled meats. I also have been enjoying the french style syrah- same grape as shiraz but usually a little more sublte.

That being said I love the big boy Italiens- The "Super Tuscans" - they tend to be real heavy and real expensive. They are a sweet treat- usually when someone else is paying.

mmmm wine!! I usually just go for a red from Chile or Australia. All their wine is cheap and yummy! Yellow Tail is really good... I also like the Pele Island Winery. They have a really sweet white wine... there's a picture of a cactus on the frount. IT's a good wine for the afternoon I think!! *teehee!*

Cheers!!

Sarah

I like Ontario wines. Most mid priced VQA wines are good. Sauvignon Blanc is my favourite followed by Pinot Grigio from Inniskillen. I don't care for oaked wine of any sort, especially Chardonnay, however Santa Carolina Chardonnay from Chile is excellent. Ampelia from Greece is a decent cheapo dry white table wine.