Chipotle Shrimp Bisque With Vanilla

AcidNintendoOrgan

Chipotle Shrimp Bisque With Vanilla

• 1 Onion, diced
  • 3 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 2 Tbsp tomato paste
  • 4 (local) tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
  • 2 chipotle pepper, chopped (buy the canned ones in adobo sauce. much nicer than dried)
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 8 cups shrimp stock (PM me for recipe. start savin your shell) store bought is fine though aswell as chicken stock
  • 2 cups 35% cream
  • 2 Tbsp Brandy (optional)
  • 5 Tbsp Vanilla extract
  • salt
  • pepper
  • olive oil
  • 24 med shrimp

Saute onion and garlic over med heat in butter until soft and golden. Add tomato paste, tomatoes, chipotle and cumin and simmer. Stir in cream and stock. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in brandy and vanilla and salt and pepper to taste and puree. In a skillet heat oil and sautee the shrimp. Place shrimp into 6-8 bowl and ladel warm soup over top. Serve 6-8 ppl

Don't bother with the pods. $5 for four is about the going rate. I know they use them on cooking shows and all, but well.....those fuckers aren't paying for them. Use vanilla extract whenever you need vanilla. Unless you're drunk after payday and want to cook....then do whatever. I don't use pods in the restaurant or at home because of the fact that I believe they are pricey based on T.V. and would be greatly reduced otherwise.