Jambands.ca

Sunday- Scofield, Kid Koala, Zubot & Dawson

dave-O

Ottawa is Hottawa this summer.

Free music at the Governor General's residence on a Sunday afternoon! [big Grin] Zubot & Dawson was a great find. I thought they were the bluegrass MMW, with some 20th century composition kinda stuff... fantastic Weissenborn Hawaiian guitar work... recommended! Check them out!

The Sco band was grooving hard! All selections were from Uberjam and Up All Night, plus one new piece - "They call us a jamband, so we're going to jam for you."

Guest Low Roller

Kid Koala was tons of fun even though he was apparently missing half of his gear which was soaked during the monsoon.

Z&D was also incredibly fun, as they had a great groove. I'd say they were closer to a hybrid cross between Bela Fleck and the music you hear on The Weather Network than to MMW.

quote:

Originally posted by Low Roller:

I'd say they were closer to a hybrid cross between Bela Fleck and the music you hear on The Weather Network than to MMW.

Who are you? Kung? Reviewing a show you weren't at?? [Wink]

Great day of free music eh?!

good crowd for kid koala and z/d especially considering the torrential rain. the kid was kinda boring I thought, although Zubot and Dawson were wicked. I was under the impression that they were a duo- nope, 4 piece. they had a neat Bela Fleck meets Slip kind of feel, but thats a little vague- all in all great tunes. check em out!

Sco rocked.. was nice when the security left the gate and we could actually go in! Scofield seemed to get a kick out of Dave and Ham going nuts up front. (Ham also appeared in the background of a CJOH interview with the Sco- hilarious). anyway, great set- very much the new stuff, the old ottawa jazzers were even up by the end. good times.

Archived