Jambands.ca

Earl Mcrae = Idiot.

rubberdinghy

Full Story.

I thought of you, Jack Layton. I thought of you and all your other left-wing lollipops who want to bring our brave and committed soldiers home from Afghanistan because you can't stomach that some of them are getting killed -- I thought of you because with your self-righteous intellectual arrogance and colossal stupidity, you just don't get it, and never will.

Discuss....

Do you think he's saying he likes to see Canadians get killed at war by friendly fire and suicide bombers? That's not a war...He's a retard...

I couldn't believe I just read that!

Here's a more relevant story about yesterday (IMHO)

Also from the Sun

Tory blasts absent MPs for 'total disrespect'

A Conservative MP has blasted the "total disrespect" shown by Liberal and NDP MPs who skipped yesterday's historic address in Parliament by Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai.

Deepak Obhrai, the parliamentary secretary to Foreign Affairs Minister Peter MacKay, said it's a disgrace so many MPs played hooky from the House of Commons as Canadian soldiers put their lives on the line in Afghanistan and a critical public debate rages.

At least 40 Grits were no-shows for the speech.

"The Canadian soldiers have spilled their blood for the Afghan people, and Mr. Karzai had come to thank them, but as usual the Liberals showed total disrespect to the Canadian Forces and to the Canadian people by not even having the courtesy to show up," Obhrai said.

Pat Breton, a spokesman for Liberal Leader Bill Graham, estimated only 60 of the 102 Liberal MPs were present in the House due to the leadership campaign.

"We sent out the message that we hoped all members would make their way back to Ottawa, but the reality is that the delegate selection is next weekend, and that was a priority," he said.

I don't know how many Conservatives were absent, but (shudder) I completely agree with Obhrai that it's a disgrace so many people were absent. I'm sure it happens all the time, but it was an important message delivered in the House yesterday.

AD

As far as I am concerned, any media report that draws comparisons between the current global situation and the events leading up to and during World War II - whether it takes a pro-Bush or anti-war stance - is a complete waste of time.

Earl was much more useful when he was lambasting Damon Allen and old-school Ottawa Rough Riders on the sports page.

Also, it's great to see Canada - a nation that has long been caught up in "don't call us American" paranoia - now seems to be openly embracing the rhetoric of polarization that has plagued political progress in the United States for so long.

Edited by Guest

For what it's worth, the way Layton has handled himself in the past couple weeks (at least how it's being reported in the media) is pretty embarrasing to me as someone who's voted NDP ever since Paul Martin became PM.

Here's hoping Karzai gave Layton a schooling on how things are today at the meeting Layton was forced to beg for.