Jambands.ca

FRI OCT 6 @ PJC, Hamilton: THE SURLY YOUNG BUCKS, HIBAKUSHA, HEARTS APART

TheGoodRev

That's right y'all, I'm playing two sets with two different bands, same stage, same night (I'm playing drums for Hearts Apart these days). For info on all the music I'm making, please check out www.thegoodrev.ca, where I've just made my final update for a while. It's a lot easier to update my MySpace at www.myspace.com/thegoodrevoverdrive that I'll be using that instead of the website from now on. And now, the show details...

Friday, October 6

THE SURLY YOUNG BUCKS

HIBAKUSHA

HEARTS APART

Pepper Jack Cafe, 38 King William Street

905-525-6666

oct6.jpg

THE SURLY YOUNG BUCKS

1226275701_l.jpg

We all play a bunch of instruments, to varying degrees of success; we all make our best attempts at singing and writing, to varying degrees of success. Our heroes are The Band and Neil Young. We call it folk-/country-/roots-rock and roll. It's a down-home country boy's soul music, and we hope you like it.

Music at thesurlyyoungbucks.ca

HIBAKUSHA

While younger fans may not remember the name The Grope Toads, the Cambridge–based band represented one of the plethora of funk rock lunatics following in the Red Hot Chili Peppers footsteps, filling Hamilton clubs in the early ’90s. Former Grope Toad guitarist Cory Barnes now heads up a new outfit, Hibakusha, with old GT drummer Gord Stevenson and new recruits bassist Mark McIntyre and vocalist/ guitarist Paul MacLeod. READ MORE...

hibakusha.ca

HEARTS APART

793435201_l.jpg

Rockin' it hard in the thick, grungy vein of Veruca Salt and Silverchair, Sonia and Lindsey deliver a loud, raucous rock show. "Our music is the fusion of Lindsey's gut-instinct, rhythmic guitar playing with Sonia's brutally honest lyrics and melodic bass lines."

myspace.com/heartsapart

That is all. Please to come out, and thank you.

Edited by Guest

Haha

We've never used that autoharp with the band, but figured it'd be a handy prop for the photo. The suitcase that Mike is holding is his Value Village special pedal carrying case.

And yes, Guelph. We would love to come play there. Mayhaps on a bill with WTTS?

Hey, this is gonna be a good show. Look for us in the Hamilton Music Notes in this week's View, and we'll be on Ric Taylor's show on CFMU Friday afternoon, sometime between 5 and 6pm. http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca to listen.

Hahaha yes!

I mean, as far as I can tell, it ain't that difficult to play, I don't know what these people are talking about. You hold down the button with the name of the chord you want and strum, the magic of felt does the rest for you.

That said, Tim Bovaconti is awesome at everything I've seen him do, so that gal should give him a call.