Jambands.ca

the No Music Festival

SaggyBalls

Nihilist Spasm Band's No Music Fest.

So I moved to London expecting the world famous no music fest and there hasn't been one in london for 2 years. I want to see this 3 night run of avant garde art music. It'll be kickin!

the 3 nights are 60 bucks and include the afterparties at the forest city gallery. if you went to the shows it'd cost $65...totally worthwhile show.

nihilist spasm band

check it out...i never knew they played mondays in london...should check it out...

I went the first year on the night that Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth played with JoJo who owns the NSB's Japanese label Alchemy. Got stoned to the gills and their guitar interplay sounded like 1000 locusts swarming around my head. Nihilists were great too. Also a Toronto noise artist named Knurl played. I had seen Merzbow before that making noise, so I knew what to expect, but thurston and Jojo was insane!

Here's what TV is good for: Bravo and Shocase. One of these stations (prolly Bravo) did a documentary on NSB and it aired a little while ago. Man was it fascinating, I'm sorry I've never seen them in person but I'd like to.

I think all of the kids of the founding members have formed their own noise band as well.

Archived