Jambands.ca

Wanted: a ride Ottawa to Toronto today!.... updated (Manx/Breit content)

DevO

Hey skanks,

Downey and I are looking for a ride from Ottawa to southern ONT today.. Thought I'd check in here to see if theres anyone heading that way. I can't believe its $80 to take the Greyhound Ottawa to Hamilton! We can pitch on gas and coffees and nuglets and great company and all that of course. :)

Edited by Guest

So, we ended up taking the Greyhound.. Slept all the way to Belleville then slept some more. The bus to Hamilton stops in Toronto, and so we found ourselves in Toronto at 10:10pm on a Monday night.... There's only one proper thing to do in a situation like that and we knew it!

So we were off to the Orbit Room for Sisters Euclid. There was a wedding reception going on that night, for this older couple who apparently have been coming to Mondays at the Orbit for like 9 years. The 1st set was short but killer. Our plan was to take off at this point and catch the last GO bus back to the Hammer.. Then who walks by me but HARRY f'n MANX! I shat my pants then scrambled to find a place to crash in TO that night in order to stay for 2nd set. It worked out. Unfortunately Harry didn't sit in (he didn't bring an instrument and he "would feel awkward singing while standing up"), but it was a thrill for me to chat with him for a few minutes and tell him how much his music means to me. Woooo!

Left last Thursday and just got home an hour ago. A road trip to remember!