Jambands.ca

HIGHlarious Phish Antics!

Basher

Well, rumours were abound that the jet that buzzed the IT grounds on Frday was the band. This is from PhantasyTour boards:

muscle_head Posted: 08/08/03 11:23AM ET

quote:

we saw the gulf stream whip above at about 100ft the whole way...if I can find an article confirming it was the band, I get a hundo off my friend

TomMarshall Posted: 08/08/03 12:56PM ET

quote:

Yes, that was the band. I was in the plane. It was Gulfstream G4 I think. It could seat 11, but there were only seven of us on it.

It was unreal.

The computer in the control panel was screaming "TERRAIN WARNING PULL UP" and we were so low I thought we were coming in for a landing on top of all the campers.

We were going about 300mph.

Those pilots were like Top-Gun wanna-bees or something. It was one of the most exciting experiences I've ever had. After we buzzed the landing strip, they pulled up into a very steep climb and Trey and I (who were standing to look out the front) got crushed to the floor...then, at the top of the climb, they pushed forward into a dive and we went weightless for several seconds. I told Trey to jump up and down and he was just sailing around...it was intense.

I don't think there was any permission or clearance involved. We did a few tight circles beforehand looking for helicopters or other planes, and then they just went for it.

It was a huge adrenaline rush.

Just before that Mike had changed his phone message and we were laughing at the immediate responses.

Your friend owes you $100.

For those that don't know, Tom Marshall posts very rarely on this board, but it is really him. If you want to see this thread click here.

Hahahaha - Marshall got hammered with tons of questions, some of them enlightened, some of them concerning his bowel movements.

I thought the jewel out of that morass was his comment about Page:

"Page is fine by the way. Completely 100% fine and happy and healthy."

There have been some pretty dark rumours floating around about Page's health as of late.

[big Grin][big Grin]

Archived