Jambands.ca

LABproject w/ BRAD BARR / JORANE, mem/of BELL ORCH / PEOPLE FOR AUDIO +++

moondata

MOONDATA PRODUCTIONS

LABproject 34

Just in time for Valentine’s Day. Romantic & strange.  Heartbreaking & uplifting. A modern improvisational chamber ensemble.

With special guests JOHN LABELLE & JORANE. 

MILES PERKIN (Common Thread, Mobius) upright bass / instrumental voice

STEFAN SCHNEIDER (Bell Orchestre) drums

BILL HESSELINK (People For Audio) drums

BRAD BARR (The Slip) guitar

SARAH PAGÉ (Hhaka Ensemble) harp

MATT LEDERMAN (Moondata) electronics

LEVY BOURBONNAIS harmonica / electronics

CHET DOXAS saxophone / clarinet

with guests

JOHN LABELLE vocals

and

JORANE cello

Saturday February 10

O Patro Vys

356 Mont-Royal Est.

21h30

$8

feb10.jpg

I'm just glad that you've brought Brad Barr into the fold. Do musicians in MTL realize what a heavyweight player he is? They (the Slip) fly so below the radar it's not even funny here in Canada yet they're in Rolling Stone, on Grey's Anatomy and now Conan O'Brien tomorrow night. Drives me crazy people sleep on the Slip as hard as they do.

well, i'm psyched to be playing with Brad, and after playing with Andrew last month, i'm hoping to see him play more often.

if you're interested, check out the new Moondata podcast. just uploaded two episodes taken from last month's show....

www.moondataproductions.com/podcast/MDradio.rss

for iTunes subscription, click here

I'm going to have to track down those recordings. There's some interest in the Slip for Hillside this year especially the workshop collaboration- they're also big fans of Jorane (at Hillside) so I'd be interested in what that collaboration could look like.

well, i'll let you know when this weekends recordings are ready. the podcasts are testaments to the diversity we've had at these sessions. We even put together a couple of projects to do random shows in other towns...you know...if Hillside is ever interested in hosting a Moondata show...

well, i'll let you know when this weekends recordings are ready. the podcasts are testaments to the diversity we've had at these sessions. We even put together a couple of projects to do random shows in other towns...you know...if Hillside is ever interested in hosting a Moondata show...

Ottawa might be interested. Try contacting Mavericks (The Slip and Sister Brother played there back in July).

Aloha,

Brad