Jambands.ca

moe. @ Zaphod in 1997 recording available

bradm

I was checking out the set of recently added moe. recordings, and look what popped up: moe. 1997-04-23 at Zaphod Beeblebrox. IIRC, this was the show where the bar shut down the PA when moe. went past the 11pm cut-off. I'm downloading it now, so we'll see how it sounds. The info file for the upload says

Noticed that this show doesn't seem to circulate at all and found an old cassette I had from years ago. It is not the best tape I have ever heard, the recording was recorded at extremely low levels, there are some flaws associated with analog tapes, it is 2nd gen, there are cuts, loud noise floor, etc.. I decided to do this transfer so this show can circulate, and maybe someday someone with a better copy will step forward.

Aloha,

Brad

I think I was at this. Was this part of a run of shows in Toronto, Ottawa, and then Montreal? Is this a recording by Weirdness? (If it is, one of the flaws is my fault, because I plugged my deck into his system that night, and we figured out shortly after the show started that my deck was messing up the recording for both of us, so we unplugged it.)

I also recall my car literally melting on my way to do this mini-tour. I was living in Toronto and drove to the Ottawa show with my car acting really weird and overheating. I had a feeling that if I went on to Montreal my car would not be returning to Toronto. I skipped Montreal and headed home, and my engine was about a milliion degrees by then. It seized and could never be started again.

Aaaaaah ... the memories.

I just finished listening to it, and it's not bad. There are some flaws, but it's still a fun listen. The uploader thought it was from the soundboard, to audio cassette (and there's a tape-flip about 45 minutes in), which makes me think it's not one of Weirdness' recordings.

Aloha,

Brad