Jambands.ca

Wayne Petti/Ken Tizzard/Mike Yates: Apr 19 @ Elixir - Kingston

Bryandewar

Rock Crew Productions Presents

Wayne Petti (from Cuff The Duke, Hylozoists) w/

Ken Tizzard (The Watchmen) and Mike Yates

April 19th, 2007 @ Elixir Nightclub

Doors open at 9 PM, this is a 19+ event.

Advance tickets are $8 and will be on sale at Brian's Record Option, Zap Records, Chumleighs, Destinations, Renaissance Music and Elixir Nightclub

More info

www.maplemusic.com/artists/way/default.asp / www.myspace.com/waynepetti

www.kentizzard.com / www.myspace.com/kentizzard

www.mikeyates.ca / www.myspace.com/mikeyatesmusic

www.rockcrew.ca / www.myspace.com/rockcrew

www.elixirnightclub.com

A little more info about the peoples:

Wayne Petti, known for his work as lead singer and principal song-writer for Canada’s alt-country favourites Cuff The Duke and keyboardist/vocalist for The Hylozoists, has taken a solo sidestep with his debut “City Lights Align†(Outside Music).

In between hectic touring schedules with both Cuff the Duke and The Hylozoists, Wayne wrote an additional dozen or so songs and hooked up with producer Paul Aucoin to record “City Lights Alignâ€. Petti comments, “Working with Paul is always great. He's very easy going and he works fast. I wanted the record to be recorded quickly. I didn't want to spend a lot of time over analyzing things. I wanted the album to have little background noises and little imperfections. I wanted it to be as natural as possible. I think I've captured that.â€

The album echoes Cuff the Duke’s unique blend of country and folk with a more personal and stripped down edge, with songs that are highlighted with whistling, hand claps, and a swagger of group singing reserved for the best of live shows. “I play in a band already and playing solo is a great challenge for me. My approach to playing solo is totally different from my approach to playing in Cuff the Duke. Although, if there's a band on the same bill as me I hope they're willing to join me for a song or two. That would be fun.â€

â€City Lights Align†was released on March 13th. Wayne is currently touring in support of his release.

Ken Tizzard’s years as the lunging bass player with the Platinum and Gold award-winning Canadian rockers The Watchmen and later, Thornley garnered him an international reputation as one of Canada's leading sidemen. Ken is an experienced showman with a string of top 10 singles and appearances from Russia to Australia to the Tonight Show.

Now Ken Tizzard is redefining what we know about him with a break-out solo CD of words and music that land him somewhere between Bach and Nick Drake. Using the bass as his primary accompaniment “Quiet Story House…an Introduction†is unusual and warm. Mixed by award-winning Los Angeles producer John Whynot (Blue Rodeo, Bruce Cockburn, Big Wreck and Colin James among others) to help make Ken’s imagination come to life.

“Ken Tizzard’s music is a blend of symphonic precision combined with a singer/songwriter’s solid melodies and transparent emotion. Built on evocative vocals and instantly memorable grooves, Ken’s sure melodies and lyrical journeys echo songs of passion and introspective style.†- Stephen Kray, C12 Records

"It was not until I realized how totally alone I was that I finally began to discover my own sound" - Ken Tizzard

Mike Yates has spent the last 10 years as an orchestral cellist, chamber musician, guitarist, bassist, bodhran player, and all around hired gun. Mike has been writing, performing, and recording music as long as he can remember. He has performed with numerous musicians and orchestras, so many that he has lost count. Mike has composed music for film, video, and media.

Mike is a full time string music teacher, who somehow finds the time to write, perform, and record music almost full time. Mike performs more than 60 shows a year across Ontario, Quebec and the Eastern US.

In 2002, Mike decided to take a break from being a “back-up musicianâ€, and begin writing his own music as a solo artist. Mike, the hopeless romantic, writes songs about love, love lost, and issues that have had an impact on his life and the lives that surround him. With his smooth and lyrical voice, lush and rhythmic guitar and deep and resonant cello playing, fans describe his music as a cross between Yo Yo Ma and Duncan Sheik.

His music can be heard on New Music Canada, SOMA FM, CBC Radio 3, and numerous college radio stations across Ontario. With 2 solo albums (His latest “13 Stories†on Wind Up Records) under his belt, and a third album on the way for 2008, it looks like Mike won’t be slowing down anytime soon.