Jambands.ca

**UPDATE** Roll Call: Dr. Huxtable at the Bayou TONIGHT!!

Hux

It was a radically different show from the usual Dr. Hux, which, in the past, has tended to be more to the "smooth" end of the funk/jam spectrum. The new Hux is much more into heavier jamming; the change is due, I think, to bouche (and his affinity for BNB, IMnsHO) being added to the mix; he seems to have drawn out the heavy jammer in the rest of the band, particularly Peter and Geoff.

The highlight for me was "My Face", which always sounds like "Superstition" (which Hux has played in the past) when it starts up and funks out.

(Sorry I couldn't make any afterpartying; my "Time To Leave" klaxon went off, and strolling was required.)

Aloha,

Brad

It sounded good. Very good, nay, damn good. I wish I could have stayed longer and busted out my much anticipated striptease (would have gone well to Dancin, I had this whole thing with my belt planned, would have been whippingly spectacular) but alas, the early morning beckoned and stuff.

That was a fine debut Mike. Did anyone get any pictures of Hux with his hair blowing in the fan-induced wind? Sometimes I get lonely [big Grin]

hahah! Hux's hair in the fan! I think André may have captured that for a future bobby-hux animated gif morph.

I had a blast on friday. I sure want to thank everyone in the band for wanting to play with me.

It's too bad more people didn't show up at 40 main afterwards. It would have been fun to sic the Cougar that followed us back on a couple of people for fun (like larry jr heh heh.)

Archived