Jambands.ca

Reminder: Look your windows. Lock your doors.

ollie

One of the units in my apartment building was broken into last night. It's a ground floor unit and the windows were open so all the crook(s) had to do was lift the screen to gain access.

It only takes a few minutes for this to happen so even if you're only going to the corner store to grab a few items, remember all the sleazy people out there waiting to take advantage of any opportunity.

Great info, considering I live about 3 blocks from you and am in a ground floor apartment.

Question: How old are the windows in your place? My theory in my place is that since they are old and I can't get them open more than 2 inches that no one would be able to crawl through that. But then again crack addicts are really really thin.

My apt sent out a notice about the thefts last week. Did yours? Just wondering........

My theory in my place is that since they are old and I can't get them open more than 2 inches that no one would be able to crawl through that.

Would someone be able to wedge a crowbar or some other lever into those 2 inches and pry it more open?

Aloha,

Brad

Question: How old are the windows in your place? My theory in my place is that since they are old and I can't get them open more than 2 inches that no one would be able to crawl through that. But then again crack addicts are really really thin.

My apt sent out a notice about the thefts last week. Did yours? Just wondering........

All the windows in the building were replaced just two weeks ago. When one of them is open it is trivially easy to lift the screen.

It would be nice if our apartment sent out notice but they never have in the past. But then they've also been harboring a drug dealer in one of the units who can't seem to get kicked out no matter what he does, including breaking into another tenants unit! He'd be my first suspect but I don't think he's been in his apartment for weeks... he's probably in jail again.

I got a few more details and apparently all they took were the girls laptop and personal cheques. She said there was also evidence that they had searched her desktop computer. She suspects identity theft as they left a lot of other valuable items.

And yes, I have insurance. It's worth the couple of hundred bucks a year.

Maybe Ollie can edit the Subject to Read:

Reminder: Lock your doors and windows, and take out a Renters Policy with your insurance company.

I get $40,000 worth of coverage for about $8 a month through State Farm.

so state farm is a good insurance with a no hassles sort of thing

must check here for them

as ing is no good for shit and i mean shit

My theory in my place is that since they are old and I can't get them open more than 2 inches that no one would be able to crawl through that.

Would someone be able to wedge a crowbar or some other lever into those 2 inches and pry it more open?

Aloha' date='

Brad[/

quote']

if they have a sharp knife they just cut the window down here

pretend you go out and come in another palce and have a crow bar in your hand

oops if they are dealing with any drugs maybe not a good idea

a cigarette is ok