Jambands.ca

Hendrix CD and DVD News !!!!!

Jaimoe

Hendrix releases are getting better and better every year.

Jimi Hendrix's famous 1970 performance in Berkeley, California, will he released as a two-CD set on September 16th. The Jimi Hendrix Experience: Live at Berkeley features the legendary guitarist's previously unreleased second set at the Community Theater on May 30th.

A DVD version of Jimi Plays Berkeley will also be issued on September 16th. The film was originally released on VHS, but has been out of print for a decade. In addition to the original fifty-five-minute film, the DVD will also include an hour of footage from the second set.

The thirty-third anniversary of Hendrix's death is in two weeks (September 18th.) Last week, he topped Rolling Stone's list of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time. "He made the electric guitar beautiful," Pete Townshend writes in the issue. "It had always been dangerous, it had always been able to evoke anger. Jimi made it beautiful and made it OK to make it beautiful."

Right on,I'll be all over this one.

Thanks for the heads up.

BTW,Jaimoe~

I am taking off for the rest of the week up to Collingwood to work,I can do those Who & Hendrix discs for ya if your still interested on the weekend coming up,I'll get in touch with you when I get back.I have your email.

Cheers~

quote:

Originally posted by B & Z:

Those are great concerts ... the Machine Gun features this great feedback siren in the middle. You can see Jimi frigging with the front of the guitar at the bottom of the neck but what the hell is he doing?

Steve

I've heard speculation that he had a special switch installed somewhere near there, the effect of which was unknown.

quote:

From

There are two other alterations to Jimi's guitars that may or may not have happened. Jess Hansen of the Jimi Hendrix Archives stood onstage at Jimi's last concert in Seattle. He clearly remembers seeing another toggle switch on the back of the black Strat, located approximately where the neck joins the body. Jimi manipulated this switch throughout the evening, though its effect, purpose, or permanency, is not known. Bill Lawrence, one of the world's foremost experts on guitars and their electronics, says he suggested a design to Jimi for rewiring his Stratocasters. Dan Armstrong, another fine craftsman who learned much of what he knows from Lawrence, may have actually done the work. (Lawrence was not certain whether it happened, and Armstrong did not respond to our repeated queries.) Whatever, it may have been a one-time modification, since Goldrich, Barrett, and Stickells - those most immediately responsible for Jimi's equipment -know nothing of such a rewiring of the stock instruments with which they kept Jimi supplied.

Aloha,

Brad

Archived