Jambands.ca

TV Musical Highlights for this week

M

Who says TV will rot your brain? Check out some good stuff that's on this week...

Tuesday, September 2

The Tonight Show With Jay Leno (NBC) (11:35 p.m. ET) >> The Allman Brothers

The Late Show With David Letterman (CBS) (11:35 p.m. ET) >> Kings Of Leon

Late Night With Conan O' Brien (NBC) (12:35 a.m. ET) >> Huey Lewis & The News [Wink]

Wednesday, September 3

The Tonight Show With Jay Leno (NBC) (11:35 p.m. ET) >> Queens Of The Stone Age

Last Call With Carson Daly (NBC) (1:30 a.m. ET) >> Ween

Digital Club Network Webcast (DCN.com) (TBA)>> Dark Star Orchestra

Thursday, September 4

CBC Play (11:05 p.m. ET) (CBC)>> David Gray, Cowboy Junkies

Last Call With Carson Daly (NBC) (1:30 a.m. ET) >> Robert Randolph & The Family Band

Friday, September 5

The Tonight Show With Jay Leno (NBC) (11:35 p.m. ET) >> Jane’s Addiction

Saturday, September 6

Nard Wars(5:00 p.m. ET) (MuchMusic) >> Gene Simmons, Snoop Dogg, Gwar + more

Saturday Night Live (NBC) (11:30 p.m. ET) >> White Stripes

I hope you have tickets M for the Stripes show? It sold out in a few hours two months ago.

Don't judge the WS by the way they were presented at the Stones Toronto concert. No band sounds good opening for the Stones ( in large venues; SARSFEST excluded ). I've only heard great things about the Stripes' live shows. Certainly, every time I've seen them live on television ( like on Conan, Glastonbury Festival and even SNL ) they've impressed.

Also, every person that I've spoken with that's seen them live ( other than the Stones opener - friends of mine that love them didn't at the Stones show ) said that they kicked it hard - I've read only great reviews too. Looking forward to November.

I have "friends in high places" as they say, so luckily hard tickets in Toronto aren't a problem. [Wink]

And I definitely wouldn't judge them based on the Stones opener; rather, I'm intrigued of what I know of to date. It will rock beyond a doubt.

My recollection of it now is a tad foggy... but I do remember feeling the same feeling of rejuvination at that show that I had felt at a Clash tribute show I had been to prior. The charge/release factor was everpresent. They were short, aggresive and packed a punch (the songs, that is) and all in all managed to achieve heightened emotion through pure adreneleine.

Archived