Jambands.ca

Bushcraft Survivalists..who's the REAL expert

bONES

Les Stroud is a bit of a whiner

Ray Mears is smart and practical

but Bear Grylls is a freakin' NUTbar..that guy is one crazy mudder fugger

Man vs Wild is the BEST show ever..[color:purple]makes me want to bite the heads off snakes and eat them live or drink the juice out of elephant crap!

who's the REAL deal?

Ray Mears is awesome.

I've been downloading his shows for a couple years, was really glad to finally see his shows airing here.

My two favourite episodes are when he makes his own canoe, then the next show he takes it out in northern Ontario for a test, he also makes (carves) a paddle.

Ray Mears is awesome.

I've been downloading his shows for a couple years, was really glad to finally see his shows airing here.

My two favourite episodes are when he makes his own canoe, then the next show he takes it out in northern Ontario for a test, he also makes (carves) a paddle.

agreed!

Ray is my favourite to watch and learn from his skills.

I watched that episode too where he made the canoe..incredible!

Les Stroud is a bit of a whiner

Ray Mears is smart and practical

but Bear Grylls is a freakin' NUTbar..that guy is one crazy mudder fugger

Man vs Wild is the BEST show ever

who's the REAL deal?

I haven't seen Ray Mears, but between Bear Grylls and Les Stroud, I'd have to give the edge to Les in terms of "real deal-ness." Bear's show is entertaining, but lacks the authenticity that Survivorman has. When Les gets left in the wild, he is totally and completely by himself (which might explain some of the "whining"), whereas Man vs. Wild sometimes seems a little too staged for my liking.

I haven't seen Ray Mears, but between Bear Grylls and Les Stroud, I'd have to give the edge to Les in terms of "real deal-ness." Bear's show is entertaining, but lacks the authenticity that Survivorman has. When Les gets left in the wild, he is totally and completely by himself (which might explain some of the "whining"), whereas Man vs. Wild sometimes seems a little too staged for my liking.

Agreed.