Jambands.ca

The New Deal in Toronto on October 11th

shainhouse

Me neither!

Well, I'm not looking to dis the Bus, but I'm a long-time, long-term tND fan. When they play around here, I'm there!

Anyway, there should be a separate thread for GTB to share some enthusiasm for that.

Shame it's not a double-bill, like they had out East!

As long as I get two sweet tND sets, I could even take BGH opening! [Razz][Razz]

quote:

Originally posted by MarcO:

As long as I get two sweet tND sets, I could even take BGH opening!
[Razz][Razz]

I kid you not, I'd rather go on a BGH tour than hear one note from a " No Big " Deal concert. I respect what they do, but I can't stand their sound. The Bus ain't much better.

Ran into Andy or rather Andrew Scott at the Guelph Jazz Fest. He was up as an academic though and gave a talk on a latin musician in the Toronto area Louis Simao. It was just a couple of days after he sat in with the band at Harborfront so it was funny to see him give a lecture. Anyways I really had the sense they were going to add a guitarist/instrumentalist for a new full time addition to the lineup. Martina and his guest spot may have just been dipping their toe in the pond. He said he might turn up at this show though. Apparently he played with them at Jamie's wedding as well although was embarassed that Jamie's uncle introduced him as part of the band.

Archived