Jambands.ca

What are the odds - Happenings in Qualicum Beach or Campbell River?

StoneMtn

I don't think anything fun is ever happenning in Cambell River. I'll be in the Comox this weekend and if I hear anything around there, I'll let you know.

If the weather keeps up, you should definetely do some skiing @ Mount. Washington. (It'll be a gong show busy though)

I'm sure you may be temped to head to Van. for a Flowmotion show or two?

I may hit up Mt. Washington, but I'll be in Whistler the week before, so maybe not. I think in Campbell River, I may just aim for daytime stuff, like a freezing cold SCUBA dive.

Unfortunately, my trip is working out so that Flowmotion isn't happening.

DJ, do you mean The Cambie in Vancouver? Is there one in Nanaimo? (Is it like a chain of dives?)

Are the boring cover bands boring because they're boring, or are they boring because you've seen them too much?

There is a Cambie in Nanaimo. It is a dive, but it's my dive.

The cover bands are boring because there is one group of really talented musicians in this city who make up all of the other bands that play the Queen's. All of them with similar set lists. If you want to here Be Gees songs and Play That Funky Music White Boy it's fine. The also play the occasional Stevie Wonder song. The exception would be The Theives who play every Monday, they're a Zepplin cover band.