Jambands.ca

ever had your passport lost/stolen?

Blane

Cannot find the goddamn thing ANYWHERE, which is totally out of character for me. I lose everything, EXCEPT my passport. I don't even misplace it.

Anyhow, I have to leave the country again in just over a month and looking at the passport canada webpage it looks like there's a whole process to go through to prove that you've actually lost the thing, then the waiting period to get the new one.

ANyone been through this and remember how long it tooK?

I lost mine once and had to get it replaced. There's a form you need to fill out declaring your passport has been lost and you need to have it signed by a certain type of person (I had a lawyer sign mine..not sure off the top of my head who else would be qualified) attesting to the passport's status.

If I recall correctly, I just had to include that form with my new passport application...if you drop it off, should be ready in a week or so.

thanks. that's encouraging. I was worried it would take weeks and weeks.

I've turned my apt upside down looking for it but it's one of those things where, as soon as I drop off the application for a new one, it'll probably turn up. unless someone swiped it from my room of course...