Jambands.ca

For some bands, this might be a problem

B & Z

Cheers,

I just got into BT downloading and seem to have a slight addiction forming,especially when I hit STG and found so much Dylan,not to mention the vast selection of music to choose from.Still haven't gotten the seeding thing down yet though.

I got a mess of Fat Cats I want to seed.

Those mosquitos went anyway I bit tipsy I hope. [Wink]

I just wanted to thank Steve and Norm for coming out and playing last night at the Pagan Picnic after-party ... you played a wonderful set and Fiona and I were disappointed that we couldn't stay for your second set, but we had been there all day. Cheryl (our host) and the rest of the people there loved what you did and would love to have you back.

Rob not Bob

quote:

Originally posted by B & Z:

I'm getting all excited about all that Dylan, esp. the 8cd set.....whew!

It's great,I got it in a trade a year or so ago,worth the lengthy download time,I just got a VCD off STG :

Bob Dylan

City: Paso Robles, CA

Venue: Mid State Fair

Date: 2003/07/26

Things Have Changed

Highway 61 Revisited

Positively 4th Street

Drifter's Escape

Watching The River Flow

High Water (For Charley Patton)

Just Like A Woman

Honest With Me

Bye And Bye

Summer Days

(encore)

Like A Rolling Stone

All Along The Watchtower

Two discs,haven't burned it off yet,its a bit shaky in spots,seems like a real stealth job,but great all the same.

I think my Dylan(on disc anyway)has probally doubled in one week.Gotta love it. [big Grin]

Bob is the man.

Thanks for having us out! The 2nd set ended up being a jam with Huxman on drums and Brad on guitar plus JivaJu Guitar man(lefty) also(sorry I forgot your name!!!)joining B&Z...then another highlite was Brad "interpreting" B&Z, going thru Steve's gear and JivuJu man adding sweet funk rhythms to the mix! Wicked!!

And then...after was a 2hour acoustic jam-singalong with the local ladies and gents joining in,with the beer flowing and fire burning bright!

Overall one sweet time!! N

Looking forward to the next one

quote:

Originally posted by B & Z:

Thanks for having us out! The 2nd set ended up being a jam with Huxman on drums and Brad on guitar plus JivaJu Guitar man(lefty) also(sorry I forgot your name!!!)joining B&Z...then another highlite was Brad "interpreting" B&Z, going thru Steve's gear and JivuJu man adding sweet funk rhythms to the mix! Wicked!!

Oh, man, that was fun! First, I wouldn't have believed that having four guitars going at once, especially with two of them being seriously processed electrics, one of them being a moderately processed acoustic, and one just an electric going right into an amp, would have worked at all, but it did.

Then, getting to play through half of the B&Z technological extravaganza was a treat, especially with Steve helpling out with the floor pedals (on the fly, too!).

Yeah, I think I was providing an interpretation of B&Z music, albeit slightly more rhythmically/groovily and less processed. And playing along side Pootie is always a treat; with no rhythm section, it was just us, letting the soundscape flow out and around us. (And that tone from the Strat was heaven! You often don't hear such jazzy tones from a Strat, especially in front of a stagefront full of effects, but somehow it ended up coming out.) I think we finally stopped, not because it was an appopriate time, but because we were tired!

Aloha,

Brad

Great clean strat tone Brad! Some people can't stand to let others play through their gear. I like to hear what they do with it.

The best part for me was when someone said, "I didn't know we'd done acid.".

Here's a bit more from the show, Norm's Jimi "Machine Gun Siren" and the "Voices" section of "Tape Deck Zep":

http://www.onmusic.com/nands/mgsiren.mp3

http://www.onmusic.com/nands/voices.mp3

Actually, the bike pulled up right after this.

Steve

it's sharingthegroove.com -but be prepared to deal with converting .flac & shn. files ...(you'll have to register too)

Hey Jason-try the link again...seems fine and my

Rogers.crap was down at that time too....

I'm pissed that I was too mesmorized by BradM's

wailage to get up and push record on the tapedeck or vid.... but I had no idea it would become that 30m+ extravaganza!! Sorry 'bro!! N

Archived