Jambands.ca

Creative 5.1/Soundblaster

David

I have just installed the recording software creative 5.1 w/ soundblaster card.

Can anyone help me with how to begin. I am totally lost. I plug my guitar into the front of the tower but i can't get any sound. I need to record the songs i write and so far i have not moved an inch.

Please, can someone help me?

Troll, are you there

Thanks

David Anderson

Lil' Anderson!

Hey Dave, you probably want to plug your guitar into the back of the tower - into the soundcard's input. I'm not familiar with the software you have - but you may want to try out 'Reason' for recording your own music. It's a cool, fairly easy to use program.

If you're still having trouble - befriend a nerd temporarily to help you and then ditch him afterwards... (make sure you're not seen together in public)

Here's a good place to start...

http://www.homerecording.com/

What are you plugging the guitar through? Do you have a pre-amp of some sort?

If you're using the line-in, try this:

1. Start menu > Accessories > entertainment > volume control

1.5 Make sure Line-in isn't muted, and that the volume is up.

2. now open the options menu and click on properties

3. you have 2 options....Playback and Recording - select recording to adjust volume for.

4. the list will change and show you what sources you can adjust...make sure line-in is checked

5. click OK

6. now the volume control has been switched to the Recording control

7. make sure that the check box for "line-in" is checked and that the volume is up.

This tells your pc what sounds you want to record with. I don't think that you'll be able to record anything unless you do this step. Creative Labs own config software can do this too, but I'm not familiar with the current interface.

Archived