Jambands.ca

Alice Cooper @ Massey Hall - 2003-10-30

\/\/illy

Massey Hall presents

Alice Cooper, Thursday, October 30, 2003, 8:00 p.m., Massey Hall

(Tickets $69.50, $59.50 and $49.50)

Alice Cooper returns to Massey Hall! He is best known internationally as the original shock rocker and one of the pioneers of heavy metal. Alice's career took flight with the 1972 release of "Schools Out". The title song became a top ten hit on the U.S. charts.

Other big hits from his 30 year career include "Eighteen", "No more Mr. Nice Guy" and "Welcome to my Nightmare". Cooper, now in his fifties, still commands sold out concert crowds. He's had more than 25 albums since 1969. His latest as of this writing, "Dragontown", was released in 2001.

ON SALE TO THE PUBLIC: 12 noon, Friday, September 19, 2003

Please note, a ticket limit may apply.

Ya gotta love Gov't Mule's cover of "Is It My Body" though (played 14 times since 10/03/99 at the Cabaret in Montreal).

I bought Alice Cooper's Greatest Hits album on my 18th birthday, since it was imperative that I hear "I'm Eighteen" on that date - hey, it was 1980, what can I say. Since then, have found the original "School's Out" album, good condition, with the desktop cover that opens, in the Salvation Army reject/garbage spot out by the curb on a busy street, believe it or not.

Only saw Alice once back in the early '80s at Maple Leaf Gardens, 12th row, and it was a pretty fun show. I'm thinking this one would be a party too, especially falling the night before Halloween (if only to check out the full audience of mulletheads) [Wink]

Kinda expensive, but might see ya at the show!

Of course, hookah/DTB is probably the way to go...yeah, most definitely. You know you're going to get your money's worth there. BTW, at last check, DTB's site said the Emerald Theater, so is it there or the Majestic (the room the Mule have played the past 2 times I've seen them in Detroit and Karl Denson last December)?

Archived