Jambands.ca

Priceline Noob Needs Help

Irie Guy

Well I need to book a place in Ottawa for the Panic weekend. Ideally we want to be within walking distance to the Flats. Not sure how this name your price crap works. We want to check in late Friday night (probably After Midnight) I also need to make sure there is enough room for us and the kiddos. I can go ahead and reserve a room for $150 a night but I obviously would rather pay less.

You don't know where you are staying until you pay correct??? How do I know it's close to where we want to be. Basher throw some advice my way. I see you got the Marriott for $60 a night. I'd love to stay at the Marriott as it seems to be nice and close so how do I make it happen.

To elaborate, go to Priceline.com, select the hotels option, then the Name Your Own Price option.

Fill in the dates you need and Ottawa, and on the next screen put the check in the Ottawa option, and select 4*.

Bid $60 per night, and you should get the Marriott. Let me know if you don't, and I will tell you how to bid again.

Since the room will be prepaid, you can show up anytime.

Did you get that rate for the weekend or are you staying on Sunday night only??? How do we know if we are getting a room with 1 bed or 2. We definitely need 2 beds. Lots of questions I know.

Ok quick edit here based on your last response. You say If I dont get the MArriott you will show me how to bid again. But haven't I at that point already paid so to try it again seems whacked.

Edited by Guest

Okay, we are only staying on the Sunday night, but you should be able to get a room for the weekend for that rate.

Priceline only guarantees that your room will hold 2 adults. That said, I have never had a problem requesting 2 beds from the hotel directly after a bid was accepted.

Just call the hotel after the bid goes through (give them a couple hours) and say that you booked a room through Priceline, and want to see if there is a way to request 2 beds.

Don't tell them there will be more than 2 in the room (they don't need to know that).

Irie Guy - if the bid for $60 isn't accepted, do this:

Add "Gloucester" as a region and rebid at $65 - don't worry, there are no 4 star hotels in Gloucester.

If that still doesn't go through, add Hull - again, no 4*'s there, so in essence you are just rebidding on the same hotels in Ottawa, and up the bid another $5.

I'd be shocked if you weren't accepted at $70 max.

Yup, at the Marriott they were going to give us a room with 2 beds. I asked to be changed to a King and she bumped us into a room that was a bit bigger and was a corner unit (lots of windows and a balcony). It can NEVER hurt to ask if a hotel has something else available and you never know what they might give ya :)

Good luck. Also, sometimes the "deals" don't start showing up until closer to the date you are going to be there too. Stressful, but the savings are worthwhile :)

We're stoked. Looks like there's all sorts of things to keep the little ones occupied with during the day as well. Kiddie pool, play room etc.

Looking on Google Maps it looks like the Hotel should be a fairly easy walk to the Flats. Am I correct in assuming that.