Jambands.ca

The Who announce new album

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

Pete Townshend posted a message on his official website, stating that he and Who frontman Roger Daltrey will begin work on new material before the end of the year, in preperation for a new Who album.

The band is hoping to have the album out by next summer. It will be the band's first album in 21 years.

"What made me stop making Who albums is very much the same thing that happened to Led Zeppelin. Somebody in the band died," he said, noting the 1978 passing of drummer Keith Moon. "And unlike them, I was very slow to get the message."

As for upsetting people by calling the three remaining Who members the Who, without the two dead members, Townshend said the following:

"[Roger] and I on a stage -- whatever we call ourselves -- can't avoid the fact that in some illusionary way we bring down the mysterious mantle of the Who around us," he said. "It will always happen. So we might as well call it the Who."

[Credit: Billboard]

quote:

Originally posted by hamilton:

quote:

Originally posted by Low Roller:

As for upsetting people by calling the three remaining Who members the Who, without the two dead members...

And who, may I ask, is this mysterious "fifth" member of The Who? [Confused]

You don't suppose Roger and Pete are going to start working with Kenny Jones again, do you? (I doubt it, but Jones was a member of The Who.)

Aloha,

Brad

Archived