Jambands.ca

need advice - trying to quit smoking!

Sunshine

Way to go Sunshine! Keep trying. The bottom line is if you can avoid smokers, and the so called "habit smokes" you are making definite progress. Hopefully you have someone to lean on through the tough tempting times you will surely be facing. If you dont - FIND SOMEONE NOW - you will need the support.

This is my first post here, so take it for what it's worth. I was a smoker for about seven years and I have now been tobacco free for about four years. I had laser therapy to stop smoking. I had it done by a guy that practices homeopatic medicine. It works just like accupuncture. He shines this laser light at some spots on your hands and face, the whole process takes about ten minutes. I felt quite lightheaded and buzzed for a few hours afterwards. The laser makes your brain release endorphins and you don't have any craving to smoke for a few days. If you can make it past the first craving it's smooth sailing. It cost something like $40. Well worth a try if you are serious about quitting.

Hey Sunshine!

I was a smoker from age 16 until I quit in July (age 25) and havent had a smoke since.. I got some very convincing genetic evidence that smoking was not for me over the last few years and it took me til this summer to realize it.. but yeah. i quit for good.

heres some advice for you.. go to your nearest bingo hall. volunteer to do a shift (the money goes to charity) or just sit there, and watch the smokers. that should help. sometimes you need to do a little research.

grab some cinnamon sticks to chew on. they look nasty when all mutilated, but they offer some flavour/they're cheap and there is a little bit of oral fixation redirection there.

getting into smoking a doob everytime you want a smoke is ok at the start, but it can also be just as bad. i think. its all about recognizing why/when you want a smoke, and dealing with it a that moment- rationally.

sex is a good one/ but not always accessible as masturbation!~ ask big bro for suggestions on finding places to masturbate when you get the urge for a smoke in public places! [big Grin][Wink] haha.. i have no idea what that means.. [Razz]

just believe in yourself!! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Cut his fucking head off!!

Archived